Acting : The First Six Lessons
By Richard Boleslavsky
Acting: The First Six Lessons was first published in 1933 and remains a key text for anyone studying acting today. These dramatic dialogues between teacher and idealistic student explore the field of acting according to one of the original teachers of Stanislavsky’s System in America.
This new edition of an essential text is edited by Rhonda Blair and supplemented for the very first time with documents from the American Laboratory Theatre. These collect together a broad range of exciting unpublished material, drawn from Boleslavsky’s pivotal and unprecedented teachings on acting at the American Laboratory Theatre. Included are :
- "The Creative Theatre Lectures" by Richard Boleslavsky
- Boleslavsky’s "Lectures from the American Laboratory Theatre"
- "Acting with Maria Ouspenskaya," four short essays on the work of Ouspenskaya, Boleslavsky’s colleague and fellow actor trainer
- A new critical introduction and bibliography by the Editor
- Format : Paperback
- Condition : New
- Publisher : Routledge
- ISBN : 978-04155-63864
- Copyright : 1933 (2010 paperback edition)